Monday, July 19, 2010

The Choosen Plan

After weeks of research I have found a plan that looks possible for me. I looked at the couch to 5K plan along with several others, but Women's Health "How to Start Running Today" by Dimity McDowell, seemed to make the most sense to me.

Week 1: Run 2 minutes/Walk 3 minutes for 30 minutes
Week 2: Run 3 minutes/Walk 3 minutes for 30 minutes
Week 3: Run 5 minutes/Walk 2 minutes for 30 minutes
Week 4: Run 7 minutes/Walk 3 minutes for 30 minutes
Week 5: Run 8 minutes/Walk 2 minutes for 30 minutes
Week 6: Run 9 minutes/Walk 1 minute for 30 minutes
Week 7: Run 30 minutes
(Weeks consist of 3 work outs that are not consecutive days)

I will be starting out slow with no care as to my distance. My only focus will be that I am moving. If I don't feel that I am ready to move on to the next week, I will repeat a week. At the end of the 7th week, I will start to care about distance.

If you are interested in the article you can find it at http://www.active.com/running/Articles/How-to-Start-Running-Today.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment