Friday, July 23, 2010

It's an Off Day

The plan that I am following recommends that there be at least one day between runs, but recommends that one do some strength training to help build muscles. Today I choose to do a Balance Ball video that has been collecting dust for quite some time.

The video is 45 minutes long, and goes through various yoga moves that incorporate a balance ball. There is plenty of stretching and a section on strength and toning. It seem innocent and one may even question if they have done something at the end, but in the past I have really felt it a few hours afterwards. My whole body in that pleasant pain where you know you've done something great for your body.

On a happier note, I have broken through one of my walls. For the past few years I have been yo-yoing between roughly 10 pounds on the scale. I lose it, I gain it, I feel defeated. This morning I jumped on the scale to read that I have dropped 2 pounds below my normal low on the scale. Yay me! Now lets keep it going!

1 comment: